Electrum wallet, no connection

Hi all, I hope someone can help me out here.

I have the (portable) electrum wallet for Syscoin version 1.0.0 and it does not connect to the network. I opened port 58882 in my router, tried to connect using Tor and even tried different computers.

The version of the wallet on the website Electrum Syscoin Wallet van also not connect.

So far no luck. Do you have an idea of solving this? I don’t know what step I am missing. It used to work, I sent SYS to it a few months ago.

Thanks.

Hey folks, wanted to check the status of this. I set up an Electrum-Sys wallet and am experiencing the same issues connecting that @jjdewit mentioned. It appears that the server may no longer be running so requests are not being received.

Is there a new network URL we should be using? Should I stand up my own node for transactions to process?

Hello @slinkybear,

Thanks for asking.

The bad news is: there is no solution to the electrum wallet issue, other than creating your own node.

The good news is: I solved my issue with the recently launched Pali wallet. It was able to connect with the Trezor hardware wallet and import the keys and the SYS I previously lost.

I think you should get rid of the electrum wallet.

Thanks for the help @jjdewit . I just got rid of the electrum wallet. Was able to recover my sys using the Pali wallet you mentioned. You are much appreciated. Cheers!

That is really good to hear, @slinkybear !

hello guys @slinkybear @jjdewit…I feel hopeless with this issue and hope you can guide me

I have my Syss in electrum however there was not clear info. how to set up and during installation I may have chosen a seedless wallet. However, to access and send/ received SYS it was ok, as I only need to use Trezor verification.

Electrum server is still down so I cannot recover them now. I created Pali however Im not sure how to import.

Did you use this option to import your SYS - screenshot?

And more important, what did you impot in the box? the Trezor seeds or electrum seeds?

Hello @Anutri,

The SYS team is working on an update for the Pali wallet with Trezor combination. I too can not access my SYS anymore. I guess we have to wait for the release.

Joining their Discord server (free) will get you in front of the news. Find the link on the Syscoin website.