How to use qt wallet safely

I installed qt wallet , wallet fully sync!
next I created new wallet with Encrypt wallet
and got this message

my questions:
1.this passphrase it’s like ledger backup 24 words?
2.Do I need to create/generate this backup words myself?
3.about “cannot fully protected” this if malware stole backupfile.dat?
4. where I can find wallet folder? windows 10
5. For Backup wallet I need passphrase and .dat file or only one thing

1 Like

The passphrase is anything you want it to be. It’s the password that protects your wallet.dat file. Without it the funds can’t be moved so it’s important to pick something secure, but also important to never forget it or lose it.

I’m not sure what the malware comment is. If you’re on a compromised computer someone could potentially get your wallet.dat or your typed password.

The wallet will be found in C:\users\YOURUSER\appdata\roaming\syscoin.

The files and things necessary to backup and access your funds again would be your wallet.dat and password. Store these on multiple devices in different geographical locations for added safety. If you run a masternode the masternode.conf file is good to backup as well.

Again, if you forget your password or lose your backup wallet.dat file your funds will be lost forever

2 Likes

thanks, but I’m tried to test backup and I still don’t understand where I must use this passphrase
I’m only add my backupfile.dat and get all my coins, deleted everything in advance
there was no request for passphrase

1 Like

You probably made the backup before you set a password

2 Likes

I’m not sure what backupfile.dat is. It only asks for your passphrase if you try to send funds or initialize a masternode

2 Likes