Proposal Templates and Standards?

Getting familiar with the guidelines and would like to post a proposal for pre-discussion but couldn’t find a template. Is there a consistent template for proposals beyind the loose description of what it should contain?

As an example two proposals I see are:

Syscoin should have matching materials.

I’d like to contribute a proposal. As a newbie it looks like these processes are relatively nascent and I’d like to participate in firming them up as part of my journey to submitting a proposal rather than contributing to further confusion.

TIA for answers / thoughts on the above points.

1 Like

Hi tmux,
welcome to Syscoin! :slightly_smiling_face:

Is there a consistent template for proposals beyind the loose description of what it should contain?

• Both posts contain similar data but one is much more detailed, and has different section headings, etc. Is there a standard? Having worked with DASH governance before they have very clear templates for using governance (from https://docs.dash.org/en/stable/governance/using.html)

Not yet. I think that’s a great idea though. @Negcreep what’s your take on this? I know we can define topic templates per category, that could be a good way of implementing this.

• Is there a standard title format? Why is date in the title?

What you see is my first attempt at introducing a standard title format. The date is supposed to make it obvious from the category overview, which proposals are/were active at what time.
It’s probably helpful to introduce a subcategory for past proposals to make this even more easy.

I’d like to contribute a proposal. As a newbie it looks like these processes are relatively nascent and I’d like to participate in firming them up as part of my journey to submitting a proposal rather than contributing to further confusion.

Great idea! :slight_smile:

I also think this is a great idea! I’ll take a look a the dash template asap. Dash is always a good place to start seeing how they invented masternode governance and all. :slight_smile:

I think there were proposal templates drafted by SDMT. If memory serves me correctly @mca might be able to link them here.

#edit I found an old one that @johnp edited based on Dash’s and uploaded it here:

Proposal Status Update Here:

Download the template, edit it for your proposal, and save it as a PDF and save it somewhere accessible on the internet to all. You can then complete the forms to submit a proposal on:

https://syshub.org

@Keyare please noooo! let’s stop with the pdf nonsense.

I created a topic template in the governance category, try to start a new topic there to try it out.

1 Like

So whats the verdict on this one guys , are we ditching the forms and pdf in favor of posting here? We still need a template for any such posts which will be highly similar to the old template I would have thought.

@Negcreep there is a template as I told you guys. Just try to start a topic in the governance category and you will see it.

I skipped the process here a bit as things were in-discussion and I wanted to get my proposal in. Soon as it shows on the hub I will create a post about it for general QnA etc.

Those post should only be editable by the poster, nobody else. Not sure if that is possible.

@locutus why?

I think edits from the poster should be allowed only under specific circumstances.

• before people vote on their proposal
  • if the edit history is visible to others.

Currently, edits are limited to trusted users (the foundation board and - to a lesser degree (only the title and the category) - the mods). They can help with moving posts that don’t belong here to the correct category.

There is an edit history that shows who changed what when. (The pencil icon at the top right of posts/replies that have been edited)

I think that’s secure enough and I think that is in fact more secure than linking PDF files hosted who-knows-where that can be changed or deleted at any time without anyone noticing by the person benefiting from the proposal.