Updating from Blockmarket 1.1.0

yes! just installing Syscoin Core 4 into my applications folder.

on the mac with my BM 1.2.3 i get the “cannot obtain a lock on data directory”

on my other computer with no syscoin previously installed, i get the “error: incorrect or no genesis block found. wrong datadir for network”

thanks

@johnp should be able to figure this one out

thank you, not ideal but I installed Syscoin Core 4 on my bootcamp windows and it seems to be working so far, blockchain is syncing now.

i’m curious if the syscoin core 4 on mac is not working because i previously didn’t have syscoin core 3?

rror: incorrect or no genesis block found. wrong datadir for network”

You got that error because you must have loaded your saved Sys2 wallet.dat file, you cant do that
You needed to allow the new installation to create a new wallet.dat and import the dump file

This is because you had another instance running, you should not have installed Spark until you generated the dumpfile as both Sys2 and Sys4 use the 'Syscoin directory. Sys3 used ‘Syscoincore’

ah, i have the dumpfile from BM 1.2.3 - should i just uninstall my wallet completely, download Syscoin Core 4, and import the dumpfile in?

Yes as simple as that
Make sure that if you created a Syscoin folder in appdata with BM1.2.3 you rename it first, then just do a new install of Sys4, let is sync and import dumpfile

I’m also trying to upgrade from blockmarket 1.1.1 . Where did you find the 1.2.3 link? thanks.

do you have a link to BM 1.2.3?
I’m also trying to upgrade.

You do not need to update to 1.2.3
1.1.1 will work
But it was linked in the guide i gave you

Hi John,
I have tried the conversion procedure but I get an error when trying to dump the wallet but i get the following error:

Server response

Code Details

Undocumented|Error: Internal Server Error

Response body

can’t parse JSON. Raw result: -8 - Cannot open wallet dump file

Response headers

access-control-allow-origin: * connection: keep-alive content-length: 33 content-type: application/json date: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 19:06:57 GMT|

Responses

Code Description
200 Success
  • Example Value
  • Model

“string”|
|default|Error

• Example Value
  • Model

{ “message”: “string” }|

Can you please help me, perhaps I neeed to put my username in the xxxxx, but where do I find it.
thanks

Where are you trying to dump from
And what is the command you are trying to execute

I am now trying it with syscore (MAC) version v3.2.0.0-b857b3d (64-bit) following this:
I opened console and typed :
1)walletpassphrase ‘YOUR PASSWORD’ 120 , added my password, fine until now
2)dumpwallet “C:\Users\Public\sys2dump.bmwalletdump” but I got: Cannot open wallet dump file (code -8). I go to the public file and there is nothing there obviously.

I can see the funds in my wallet eve though wallet has not finished synching, what should I do?
thanks

Well thats not the command for a MAC, thats windows
/Users/xxxxx/Public/sys2dump.bmwalletdump is what you need and xxxxx is your username on the Mac

I did that and i get this response:
15:46:21 /Users/ernesto davila/Public/sys2dump.bmwalletdump
response: method not found (code32601)

I also wrote my user name without space and got same error.

I think we are getting closer John, thanks for your help

dumpwallet “/Users/ernesto davila/Public/sys2dump.bmwalletdump”

I got it working John, thanks for the support

hey there john,

when I try to initialize my masternode on the console, I get the error message:

“sync in progress. must wait until sync is complete to start masternode.”

it’s been giving me this message for about 12 hours now - is that normal? thank you!

You will probably need to reindex How to reindex a Syscoin client

Hello, I bought some SYS in 2018 and it has been sitting in my desktop wallet ever since. I want to get access to my coins by I have trouble doing the dumpwallet. Can you please help?
I upgraded to BM 1.2.3 and followed the instructions of John Syscoin. I am working on a MAC.
Not sure what to do with /Users/xxxxx/Public/sys2dump.bmwalletdump and where do I need the password xxxxx. When I execute in the response body says " can’t parse JSON. Raw result:

-8 - Cannot open wallet dump file " Code 500. Please help me out