DesktopWallet from august 2018 - laptop broke!

You on Windows if so go to C:\Users[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\SyscoinCore\

done…

Ok replace the wallet file with a copy of your saved one

Then open QT3 again

i replaced the wallet file with my old wallet.dat - and reopened wallet again…

Go to Window-Console
Should look like this

We have a guide on how to upgrade from Sycoin 3 to 4 here: 3.X.X to 4.1.X --- Upgrade Guide.
It’s not hard to use, I suggest you try it and post any questions that come up.
The guide doesn’t address which specific version you need to download, because that varies based on which version created your specific wallet.dat file. We should probably address what one can do if that version is unknown.
(Start with the latest (3.2.1) and try that on a copy of the backup, if it fails move to an earlier version and try again (always on a copy).

Using the guide and posting questions allows us to improve the guide and it keeps important information in visible places.
I increased the reply limit for posts on the first day temporarily so you can reply again.

ok thanks , will try it…greetings

hi einalex, i created this Sys3dump.bmwalletdump file from sys3.2.1 version. then i downloaded Spark 4.1.3 wallet, but it gave me this java script error:

so i can not import that dump-file into the new Spark wallet… what can i do?

Try renaming the Roaming/syscoin folder to syscoinold or something and run spark again

hi johnp , now i am totally confused!! einalex wanted to download syscoin qt 4.1.3 what i did…
but how to import that dumpwallet file into it?? i will ask later have to go now… ty so far

Did not see that request but you can use QT

Let me know when you return

hi johnp, now i am back, lets get into it. so i created that dumpwallet file with version 3.2.1.
so whats next?

hi john, now i let the qt4.1.3 sync and when finished i will go to the debugconsole and paste this:
importwallet “C:\Users\Public\sys3dump.bmwalletdump” … is that the right way?

That is correct as mentioned in the guide :slight_smile:

hi john this drives me crazy… after paste this:importwallet “C:\Users\Public\sys3dump.bmwalletdump”
i get this:

and then create a new wallet or what? sorry for this silly question but this is climbing the mt. everest…
totally confused!

i think i downloaded too many different versions ! i am a totally non computer man… i think i have to give up…

thats it your sys should show

hi johnp again,
the balance is still o SYS… in my original wallet i encrypted it with this 8 word backup phrase
or maybe the sync stuff in not ready (where to watch progress?)
and additionally i created several wallets with my download-mania…
any thoughts? greetings

hi johnp, may i contact you tomorrow again…still 0 SYS balance!
greets