DesktopWallet from august 2018 - laptop broke!

hi einalex, i created this Sys3dump.bmwalletdump file from sys3.2.1 version. then i downloaded Spark 4.1.3 wallet, but it gave me this java script error:

so i can not import that dump-file into the new Spark wallet… what can i do?

Try renaming the Roaming/syscoin folder to syscoinold or something and run spark again

hi johnp , now i am totally confused!! einalex wanted to download syscoin qt 4.1.3 what i did…
but how to import that dumpwallet file into it?? i will ask later have to go now… ty so far

Did not see that request but you can use QT

Let me know when you return

hi johnp, now i am back, lets get into it. so i created that dumpwallet file with version 3.2.1.
so whats next?

hi john, now i let the qt4.1.3 sync and when finished i will go to the debugconsole and paste this:
importwallet “C:\Users\Public\sys3dump.bmwalletdump” … is that the right way?

That is correct as mentioned in the guide :slight_smile:

hi john this drives me crazy… after paste this:importwallet “C:\Users\Public\sys3dump.bmwalletdump”
i get this:

and then create a new wallet or what? sorry for this silly question but this is climbing the mt. everest…
totally confused!

i think i downloaded too many different versions ! i am a totally non computer man… i think i have to give up…

thats it your sys should show

hi johnp again,
the balance is still o SYS… in my original wallet i encrypted it with this 8 word backup phrase
or maybe the sync stuff in not ready (where to watch progress?)
and additionally i created several wallets with my download-mania…
any thoughts? greetings

hi johnp, may i contact you tomorrow again…still 0 SYS balance!
greets

hi johnp, hi all,
still 0 SYS balance!
here are my steps i did so far:
around 25 of august 2018 i created a sys wallet sent SYS from binance to this wallet.
i encrypted it with a 8 word backup(still have those)
i saved the wallet.dat backup on a usb stick(still have those)
yesterday:
downloaded syscoin qt 3.2.1 - then created sys3dump.bmwalletdump -file
downloaded syscoin qt 4.1.3 - then pasted in console: importwallet sys3dump.bmwalletdump
notification: null…
then sync (a few seconds)…
balance still 0 SYS…
note: i created several wallets during “download-mania”
why is my balance still zero?
do i have to decrypt my old wallet?
is there an other way to restore my SYS coins with the old wallet.dat file?
i am quite confused - would be nice if a “syscoin-pro” could help…
kind regards Frager

All that is correct

1. Just so you are 100% clear the encrypted 8 word is not a backup it is just to unlock your wallet.
  2. When you ran 3.1.2 did you replace the wallet.dat file with a copy of your saved wallet.dat

yes i did…that gave me the walletdump-file…

When you created the walletdump file did you have to unlock it with your passphrase

i ran 3.2.1 , and yes 8 word only encrypted my wallet(no backup)

no i did not unlock it with passphrase…

Then it was the wrong wallet.dat as you would have had to unlock it to dump the wallet, unless you saved it before setting a passphrase